Wow, I am getting old. I cannot believe that I am 22. It seems like yesterday I was waking up, excited as ever, ready to go to elementary school, and now I am graduating college, and I've just turned 22. In my 22 years of life, I've been through a lot, learned a lot, seen a little bit of the world, but this is only the beginning. The trials, lessons, and adventures that life has for me are the best ones yet, and I can't wait to experience them. But before I get ahead of myself, I want to tell you about the wonderful birthday I've had.
On February 9th, 1996, I was born on Long Island, New York. Life has moved me eight hours south and past the mason dixon line into the state for lovers, Virginia. I've made a lot of friends and some great memories since I've been here, which has led to the best birthday I think I've ever had.
This year my birthday started with a fresh cup of green mountain coffee, black of course, and then I prepared myself for the day by putting on my Gryffindor colored sweater. After that I headed over to the most magical place on Earth... Target, where I bought the most beautiful pink, crushed velvet mules. It was a lovely and relaxing start to the day. Then after being 20 minutes late, because, you know... Target, I met up with two of my best friends Nat and Virginia.

A couple of days prior to my birthday Nat and I decided we wanted to grab lunch together in the city, and I invited Virginia who is my sister from another mister. We were trying to figure out where to go, and at first we decided on this hipster grill of designer burgers, Citizen Burger. But then we looked at the price tag and it was fifteen dollars for the cheapest burger and cheese was extra, so we when for a much more modest and retro option... Galaxy Diner. Honestly, it was delicious and the atmosphere was so cool, like cool enough that we had our waitress take like fifteen pictures of us.

After a burger, that was no doubt better that the fifteen dollar one I would have gotten at citizen burger, we left to go and explore the city, and V and Nat had plans for me. First, they took my to a vintage clothing store that was filled from head to toe with authentic 1920s clothing. I was in Heaven. I would have bought everything in there if my friends weren't with me and my wallet was infinite. Anyways, the cheapest thing was a barrett for $18, so I left empty handed. I mean I am on a college budget, but one day, someday.
Anyways, after that we went to a cute little book store, and I was like a kid in a candy shop. I am such a book nerd, so much so, that I want to open a bookstore/coffee shop someday. There were so many books I almost didn't know what to look at, but that is a wonderful feeling. So much hard work, passion, and knowledge surrounding you. Again, I didn't buy anything, but there were probably twenty different books I picked up and almost bought.
 |
| PC: Virginia Harrison |
After that we went to Carrytown Cupcakes, where I bought a vanilla and coffee flavored cupcake. I'm gonna be honest, I am not the biggest fan of Carrytown Cupcakes. I can't say I've had a particularly positive experience with their cakes. The cupcake that was supposed to be a regular vanilla cupcake tasted like cornbread... not what you would expect from a cupcake. I ended up sharing it with Natalie, who was equally unimpressed. I think it is safe to say I won't be going back there. Nonetheless, it made for a good photo op because the buildings in that area were beautifully painted.

You would think by this point we would all be exhausted, but we still have plenty to go. Following the cupcake shop we went into a record store where I almost died. They had some of my favorite records, including Hot Fuss by the Killers and The Beatles self-titled album. I was in heaven! I would have bought Hot Fuss, but there is one problem, I don't have a record player. I know, what kind of hipster am I? Apparently not a very good one. anyways, we took some pictures in the record store and then proceeded on to get rolled ice cream on the other side of town.
 |
| PC Virginia Harrison Edited By: Kayla Koslosky |
Have you ever had rolled ice cream? No, well you should! I don't have any idea why, but it is way better than regular ice cream. There is something about the texture and the explosion of flavor that makes me never want to eat ice cream that is not rolled ever again. To stick with the days theme, I got the "Coffee Toffee" flavor, because you can never have too much coffee. Honestly, it was beautiful, so even if I ended up hating it, at least I would have gotten a good instagram picture out of it.

After the ice cream, I thanked my friends for an incredible afternoon and headed home so I could prepare myself for dinner with my family. Wow... this whole day revolved around food... sounds like me. When I got home my older brother was there talking to my Mom and Dad in the kitchen. I walked in a said hello and we all embraced, everyone wishing me a happy birthday. My younger brother Joey and his girlfriend Chloe joined us and we headed out to McAlister's Deli for dinner. All I wanted was a Ham and Cheese Toasty, which by the way, if you've never had one your life cannot be complete. Dinner with my family is always amazing. I love my family more than anything of this world, they keep me grounded.
The day was simply amazing and honestly, it was as simple as just getting to see people I love and care about, getting to spend good, quality time with them. My low fuss, no plan, spontaneous 22nd birthday was by far my favorite. Thank you to everyone who helped me make it so!
XOXO GlitterBug
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Ub4bO-TjrjA
ReplyDelete